While exploring the app, here are some things that I learned:
- You can remove people from your Close Friends list by swiping right on their chat thread from the home page.
- From the home page you can add to your Status just by clicking on your profile picture in the top middle.
- If you pull down when you’re on the home page (as if you were reloading Snapchat), you’ll be taken directly back to the camera.
- When sending pictures or videos, you can change the option that allows the other person to view once, replay, or keep in chat. Just swipe through them until the selection you want is bolded white.
- You can video chat through the app by clicking on the chat then clicking the video camera in the top right corner.
- While recording videos, you can flip the camera by double tapping on the screen.
- You can also zoom in and out by pinching the screen with two fingers. But make sure you keep one finger on the recording circle or the video will stop.
- You can’t delete a chat from Threads. You have to delete it through the Instagram app.
Unless you really care about having your Close Friends know your every move, I don’t see many perks of Threads.
The capabilities are pretty limited compared to Snapchat and even just Instagram Direct Messaging.
You can do more with face filters, boomerangs, music, zooms, etc just straight from the DM’s from Instagram. I’m not sure why those features aren’t available through Threads or if they will be soon, but you definitely have more options just using Instagram.